Thursday, September 25, 2008

Willis and Arnold

"Willis" is not even officially here yet and he already has a ready made best friend. You see, about a month after I found out I was pregnant, my friend Tami found out she was pregnant too. We envisioned our kids growing up together like their dads, David and Curt. If you don't know this already, David and Curt are childhood best friends that were born 2 months apart. So naturally, we began to think of our kids growing up as best friends. Knowing that we called our baby "Willis," Curt and Tami began to call their baby "Arnold." Remember that show Different Strokes? Willis and Arnold were the 2 brothers on that show. Don't ask me why or how we came up with those names, but now we're stuck with them. Fast forward to 4 months later and Tami and Curt found out that "Arnold" was really "Arnoldette." So, they're having a girl and "Willis" already has an arranged marriage in the works! We're so excited to raise our kids together. We're also a little nervous because we know all about the trouble that David and Curt got into when they were younger. We're definitely going to have to keep our eyes on those too!

On another note, not only is it awesome that Tami and I will have kids the same age, but it's been such a blessing for me to have another pregnant friend. She's who I go to when I have questions or complaints and she completely understands. Thanks for being such a great friend, Tami! I'd be miserable without you!!

Tami and I with our competing bellies. I made shirts for us that show the month we're due. However, I think those months are going to be wrong for both of us. Tami is for sure having her baby in November, while I'm pretty sure I'll be in October.....at least, thats what I'm hoping for. I'm so ready to be done with this part!!!!
Notice how large-and-in-charge I am while Tami has this cute little basketball belly. Sheesh, "Willis" is a monster!

No comments: