Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This girl is a trooper

I wanted to post and tell everyone what a trooper Jenny Linn Coleman is. She's been having a really tough pregnancy, sick the whole time, can't sleep etc.... But she rarely complains about it other than mentioning how tired she is all the time.

Each night she's tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, often I hear her get up in the night to get sick and then she comes back into bed. The worst complaint I've heard to date is "I'm never doing this again". :)
I'm hoping she'll change her mind on that one but for now all the focus is on getting through this one.
Every morning in the shower I can hear her getting sick in there and it's very rare that she even mentions it. She's a tough cookie to say the least. One day she called me upset after she got to work mentioning that she had to pull over four times on her way into work to get sick on the side of the road. Now that's a frustrating commute!

We are so excited to meet our new son and to see what he will look like and get to know him. It will be here soon but for now the focus is on just getting through each day.

I crunched some numbers trying to get a better grasp on how far she had to go. The closest thing I can think of to relate to Jenny on doing something that causes you pain but you know will have a big payoff at the end was when I ran a marathon, (which I know is a dumb comparison and that what she is doing is way tougher to say the least) Jenny is nearing the 21 mile mark. When I got to that point in my race I saw Jenny waiting patiently on the sidelines with water and snacks, I couldn't talk I knew if I told her what I was thinking in my head about how badly I was feeling I might quit. I told her only one thing when I saw her there "It hurts". Maybe that's why she's not complaining, but I doubt it. Jenny you are coming down the home stretch, this is the toughest part but the reward in the end will be worth every second of discomfort.

Jenny you are awesome and I love you for being the Willis vessel! You amaze me with your great attitude and dedication to the TEAM.
I can't wait to meet our son soon!

2 comments:

JudyD said...

Jenny, you have such a thoughtful husband! Thanks for understanding my Jenny, David! I love you for that! Mom (D.)

The Johnstons said...

how sweet, david! jenny is a trooper...in fact she even trained for a marathon once...ha, couldn't resist to throw that one out there jenny! :) hope you are feeling LOTS better! love you!!