Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MinnesOOOta Family

This past weekend, David and I traveled with the Max Family (Curt, Tami and Adrina) to david's birthplace of Minneapolis, Minnesota. To say it was an interesting trip is a HUGE understatement. But, more on that later.


We had the privilege of staying with David's sister, Joanna, while Curt, Tami and Adrina stayed with Curt's folks. Anyway, Joanna is married to Pete who always keeps us laughing and they have 5 adorable kids. When we arrived Friday, we got to visit with Joanna while she made a delicious dinner. We had delicious pork sandwiches with homemade french fries! YUM! French fries are my favorite food in the world so she really knew how to make me feel at home. After dinner, we sat around a fire while Pete, Tyler and David made homemade donuts. This was a first for me and I was fascinated by how easy it was! I made a mental note to buy a deep fryer so that I, too, could make donuts in my own backyard. Anyway, it's an easy process and here is how you do it:


1. Get a couple of cans of buttermilk biscuits.


2. Take a film canister and press down in the middle of the bisuit. The round circles become the donut holes.


3. Make sure the oil in the deep fryer is hot.


4. Drop donuts and donut holes in hoil.


5. Cook until light brown/gold.


6. Take out of oil and toss in a mixture of sugar and cinnaomon.


7. Eat until your hearts content. Lord knows I did!! :)


I highly recommend doing this on a cold night while sitting by the fire. It was so much fun and a great way to hang out with the family. Thanks for the recipes Krussow family!
The Krussow clan, Pete, Joannaa, Megan Leah, Ryan and Rachel

David and his big sis

No comments: