Friday, September 5, 2008

September 5, 1976

32 years ago, David was born (almost a 10 pounder) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He was the first of 3 boys for his mom and dad. I'm sure they felt just as blessed as I do to today to have him in my life. Today probably won't be a big day of celebration for him since he is laying on the couch, but I hope he knows that I celebrate the life he has lead and am so grateful to be here to see him reach this milestone. So, in honor of David's 32 years, here are 32 things that I love about David. I love you and Happy Birthday babe!

1. He is the most loyal person I have ever met.
2. He is a great Dad. He'd do anything for his kids!
3. I love his green eyes and hope that Willis will have them.
4. He chose me to spend the rest of his life with.
5. David is an eternal optimist.
6. He loves all things that have to do with sports. I know, it's a shocker that I say this, but I just love how enthusiastic he gets about the teams he loves.
7. Christ is 1st in his life.
8. I love that he plays guitar.
9. I love that he does the Dave Matthews leg shake when he plays guitar.
10. God, family and friends come first in his life.
11. When we go to the movies, David laughs (loud) the entire time. At first I thought this was embarrasing, but now it cracks me up.
12. He makes me try new things. For example, skydiving and sushi!
13. He loves all kinds of music and is always introducing me to new bands.
14. David is very honest with me....even when I don't want to hear it.
15. He works hard to provide for our family.
16. He calls my Mom and Dad just to say Hi.
17. I love how tall and strong he is. I always wanted to be married to a baller! :)
18. He accepts me for who I am....even when I'm complaining or annoying.
19. He introduced me to a great group of friends and family.
20. David has done his best to make Colorado feel like home for me.
21. I love when he makes up funny songs or raps to make people smile.
22. He's been a trooper through all of this knee stuff and he still maintains a positive outlook on it.
23. I love how he interacts with kids. They love him!
24. He makes me feel loved everyday and he always makes sure that I know he loves me.
25. His smile always makes me smile.
26. David always takes care of me.
27. He listens to me complain and then sets me straight.
28. He allows me to dream and wants to see them come true.
29. He gives to everyone without asking for anything in return.
30. David can talk to anyone in any situation. It truly is a God-given gift.
31. He always strives to be better.
32. He is a gift from God and has enriched my life more than he will ever know.

1 comment:

The Johnstons said...

so sweet! happy birthday david!! too funny, jenny, i was waiting to see "i love that he plays basketball" on the list because i know you did always want to marry a baller. :)