Thursday, September 18, 2008

Minnehaha Falls.....Not So Funny!

After the game, David and Curt wanted to show us the waterfalls where they used to play as kids. So we headed down there, took a quick picture by the falls and headed back to the car.
Happy at the Falls


And this is what we found when we returned to our car...








Yes folks, our RENTAL car got broken into. What did they take you ask? Well, they took Curt's wallet and phone, and my brand new Coach(only 2 weeks old) purse that was filled with all of my favorite things including my phone, iPod, gift cards to Babies 'R Us and Target (now Willis doesn't get a mattress! J/K), my brand new Coach wallet (only 2 weeks old) which was filled with all my personal and bank info! UGH! What a nightmare!! We immediately called the police and they told us they wouldn't be able to make it to the crime scene for 2 hrs. So, we cleaned up the glass some and headed to the police station and filed a report. The police officer told us that people get robbed there about 5 times a day and that they have about 25 differnt suspects for that area! WELL HELLO!!! WHY ISN'T THERE A POLICE OFFICER PATROLING THE AREA? I was furious when she said this! So, after my minibreakdown, we headed to the airport to get a new rental car so we could drive 900 miles home the next day!

All in all, Minnehaha Falls were beautiful, but I will never see it that way. And that makes me sad because I know David has so many good memories from that place!


Sidenote: Never leave your purse in your car, even if you think it's hidden. Also, take steps in protecting your identity before someone takes it from you! I'm learning that the hard way!

No comments: