Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mission: Rice Cereal....FAILED

At Noah's 4 month check-up, the doc said we could start giving him rice cereal. I went home that night, got the cereal set up and put a bib on Noah. I went in for the kill and he spit it right out. Since that first night, I have tried 4 more times to give it to him and he ABSOLUTELY hates it! I've tried everything from making it warmer, to adding apple juice and making it more watery. But still, the boy hates the stuff. He literally gags on it like it's the most disgusting thing on earth. PLEASE HELP! I'll take all of your suggestions as to how we can help this boy start eating solid food.

On another note, here are his 4 month stats:

Weight: 16 pounds (75th percentile)
Height: 26 inches (90th percentile
Head: 44.1 centimeters (90th percentile...yikes!)

2 comments:

jamielblev said...

Well, you might get negative feedback on my suggestion, but I'll give it anyways. You could give it to him in his bottle so he can get use to the taste. More than likely though it's a texture issue which means try again in another week or so. And if that doesn't work, try again in another week or so. It'll take some getting use to.

The Johnstons said...

What a big boy!! Parker NEVER ate rice cereal...he did the same thing as Noah. We moved right on to the oatmeal cereal and he really liked it. Keep us posted!! I've been thinking about you lots lately and have been meaning to email or call. Hope you and your family are doing so well!!