Monday, April 13, 2009

Remember this guy??

Yes, that is Chuck E. Cheese! On the eve of Easter, we packed up the kids and chowed down on some pizza and played games with the Olson's (Katie & Trey) and the Thompson's (Katie's sister Jessie, her husband Kyle & twins Will & Sydney). I remembered this place to be quite different. I was probably Sara and Anna's age the last time I was there. In my mind, I remember Chuck E. Cheese being dark and dingy. Come to think about it, the place might have been a little sketchy. My how time changes things! This was not the case this time around. It was bright and noisy and packed with little kids running around without shoes on (GROSS)! Katie's niece was terrified of the mechanical mouse. And after thinking about it, we adults all thought that, "Yes, Chuck E. could be quite scary to a 3 year old." So, she just kept her back to the gigantic mouse and we tried to distract her from looking at him all night. All the kids had a blast. I had a little fun myself. I sure do love that skee ball game! But, I can honestly say that I wouldn't mind if I never saw that place again. It was complete chaos!

This picture of Anna cracks me up because she was having a blast on this thing. She was pedaling so fast as the bike went up and down.
Sara was trying to entertain Noah on the big screen. Doesn't he look thrilled?


No comments: