Monday, April 13, 2009

He Is Risen...2009

Though we were celebrating the resurrection of Christ, it was a pretty gloomy Easter Day. However, that didn't spoil the meaning of the day and the time we spent with family and friends. It was only a party of 3 for us that day. Noah was decked out in his button down shirt and khakis. He even wore shoes for the first time. I think he looked like a little man...so cute! I did my best to stay warm in my summer dress and sandals, but I pretty much shook all day from the cold. And of course David looked handsome in his button down and khakis. Why is it that so much of Easter is focused on what we wear? I guess it's part of the fun of spring?! Anyway, we went to church where our pastor shared the gospel. Every year we have a balloon release to symbolize the resurrection of Christ. Each balloon has a verse on it so that whoever finds it may learn about Jesus. After church, we headed to Boulder and had brunch at an old dinner hall in Chataqua Park. It was delicious. And it was nice to be able to spend time with David's brother Jon, friend Dave Van Handel and the Max family. After lunch we headed home and took naps. It was the perfect day for a nap....gray and rainy. Though Noah doesn't have a clue what this day is about yet, I was sure to tell him about why we celebrate Easter. And maybe next year, when he's a little older, the Easter Bunny just might visit him.


My handsome boys


Releasing our balloon to the heavens




Celebrating in Boulder


Noah snuggly with Uncle Johnny in his jammies

1 comment:

Walmart Fashionista said...

He is SOOOO cute! I can't wait for the boys to meet!!! Just move to Texas already!