Sunday, December 14, 2008

Date Night

While David and Anna had a date night at the movies, Noah and I got to have our first date night. We got to go to the Michael W. Smith Christmas concert with my sister Kerri and niece Hadley. It was a great concert and made it feel like Christmas.


As I listened to the music, I found myself thinking about Mary and about what she went through to have Jesus. What humilty she went through! What pain she went through knowing that one day she'd have to watch her Son selflessly give up His life for people like you and me. Though I didn't quite go through what she went through, I was humbled with the thought that I had my own son. And though I know that Noah doesn't have to give up his life, I wonder what things he will go through over the years. No matter what comes his way, my hope for him is that his life will always glorify the sacrifce that Jesus made for him.


As Christmas approaches, I hope you, too, will think about Mary and Joseph and the journey they made to the manger to welcome our Saviour into this world. Most importantly though, I hope that you will remember Jesus and how he died on the cross 33 years after his birth, to save us from our sins to give you and I eternal life.

1st Date night with Mom. He was very polite and had great manners! Best date I've ever had!!!
Aunt Meanie with Hadley! Hadley danced to the music and Kerri chased her around!




1 comment:

The Johnstons said...

Those babies look like their daddies! I'm sure David wasn't at all offended that Noah was the best date you've ever had! ;) Glad you had the chance to enjoy an evening out.