Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hepatitis C and Me

You’re probably thinking, “What the heck does this have to do with Jenny?” Believe me, I wish I had no part in this.  But, I do.  There has been a freak incident that happened when I had surgery for the kidney stones while I was 8.5 months pregnant with Noah.  This incident is something that I feel only happens in the movies.  It’s not supposed to happen in real life.  Read here first to get the story.

Now that you know the story, here is my request.  Tomorrow, (actually today, because it’s 4 am and I can’t sleep) I have to go get tested for Hepatitis C.  I won’t find out the results for 2 weeks.  Please pray that I do not test positive for this chronic disease.  Additionally, please pray that if I do test positive for Hepatitis C, pray that Noah will test negative.  Because I was pregnant at the time of my surgery, he could be at risk.  It is one thing for this crazy nurse to have put my health at risk, but I do not have any words that can describe what it will do to me if Noah’s health is at risk, too.  Also, if I am positive, it is highly likely that David could be positive as well.  Furthermore, please pray for the patients that have confirmed cases of Hepatitis C and for those that might learn that they have it. 

Potentially, the actions of that nurse could destroy the health of our family.  Though I am sad about what this could do to us, ultimately, my heart is sad for this woman.  She knowingly  had this disease and did not care whose health she destroyed in her quest to get high.  I read an article that said her myspace page said she had a fascination with needles.  What kind of a sick person does this?  It makes me realize that Satan is alive and well and is lurking around trying to destroy lives.  My sister-in-law Laura, reminded me that Romans 8:28 says this:

And we know that in ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I believe God has a purpose in all of this.  Maybe these thousands of people that now have to get tested for Hepatitis C will come to know the Lord?  Maybe this sick woman will come to know the Lord?  Maybe this happened so that people in the medical field will be more cautious before hiring someone?  Whatever the reason, I believe God allowed this to happen.  No, this isn’t the holocaust or a war.  But to me, in my selfish little world, it’s a big deal.  And God still wants to protect me even though I’m just a blip on this earth. 

I’m going to be ok….no matter what the results are.   At this moment, I’m just mostly scared for Noah. I have no words for what I would do if Noah was harmed in all of this. I feel like trouble or freak accidents seem to find me.  I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I’m caught in the middle of this weird, freak incident.  But, it is what it is.  And I’ll live.  I just might live with a incurable disease.  And if it comes down to that, I’ll deal with it. 

Thanks for the prayers!

4 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Oh Jenny, how does this stuff always seem to happen to you?!? Praying for safety and health and that you and all of the family test negative.

Hayley said...

I will for sure keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

jamielblev said...

Any thoughts on filing a lawsuit?

Walmart Fashionista said...

Jenny...we will be praying. I know that is such a terribly hard thing to deal with. I am amazed by your attitude. Keep us posted! Hugs!