Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

Last weekend, the fam and I headed to Colorado Springs and spent some time with our friends Jeremy and Sara Shafer and their kids.  We hung out on Friday night and then went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  It’s the most beautiful zoo I’ve ever been to!  It’s built right into the mountain so you have to go up and down a lot, but it’s well worth it!  This was Noah’s first trip to the zoo.  I realized after the trip to the zoo that my expectation of Noah getting excited to see the animals was way too high!  He could’ve cared less that there were all these awesome animals around him.  He just kept the same ol’ boring look on his face the entire time!  Oh well, maybe we’ll have to wait to go back until he gets older.  Sara and Anna had a great time though!

“Dad, it doesn’t make a difference if I’m on your shoulders or in the stroller, I’m still gonna have this bored look on my face.”

P6260033

Team Coleman

P6270044

Sara and Anna, “Feeeeeed the birds.” (As sung in Mary Poppins)

P6270064

P6270075

The boredom finally took over.

P6270094

And finally, we did actually seem some animals.  Check them out here if you’d like.

No comments: