Sunday, July 12, 2009

8 Months Old

P7120015

Noah,

At the risk of sounding redundant, time sure has flown by and you have gotten so big! Each day you grow more and more into a little boy. And what a fantastic little boy you are! You are learning so much each day and impressing Daddy and I with your new skills. How did you get so smart?

When you wake up in the mornings, this is how you greet me…

P7120011

…and I just love it. Look at how cute you are! It’s so nice to wake up with you so ready to see me! It starts my day off just right!

You are SO CLOSE to crawling. You get up on all fours and rock. Sometimes you do a little bit of an army crawl, but you’re not quite crawling yet. You’re almost there and Daddy and I are so proud of you!

You can officially feed yourself with your bottle. Sometimes it makes me sad to think that you no longer need me to help you with this. Speaking of eating, you are quite picky. You DO NOT like anything chunky. IMG_1056 You gag if there are bits of veggie chunks in your food. You hate anything you can put in your mouth yourself. For example, cheerios. You despise them. Mashed bananas. You hate them. Eggs. Not gonna do it. I’m hoping someday you’ll begin to like real food, but for now, you’ll just have to keep eating the pureed kind.

Some of your favorite things to do are to go on walks, swing, play ball with Daddy, swim and you love to listen to a good book. IMG_1037 Since you’ve discovered splashing in the pool, you love to get Momma all wet when I give you a bath. You think it’s pretty funny. You’re still a pretty great clapper and we often find you just checkin’ out your hands. You like to check ours out too. Peek-a-boo is another favorite game of yours. You giggle and giggle when we come out from hiding. You also love it when we sing to you. Daddy has a special song that he made up just for you and you love it!

Each day with you is such a joy. I couldn’t imagine my life without you. Thank you for being such a sweet, loving and chill little boy. I can’t wait to see what you’ll do next!

Love you always,

Momma

1 comment:

The Johnstons said...

Such a handsome little guy! Love the face he's making while he's eating and the one of him in his crib!!