Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Mother's Day


My 1st Mother's Day was wonderful. Though it was a gloomy day, I loved spending every minute with my boy. David, the girls and Noah gave me gifts that are supposed to help me relax. They gave me things like candles, a mini massager, a gift certificate to an awesome spa for a massage and headphones. The girls spent the day with their Mom so David, Noah and I went to church together. At church, all the Mom's got roses and we all had to say something that we remembered about our own Mother's. I said that I remembered my Mom always doing her quiet time and reading her Bible. That is something that has stood out in my mind for years and has had a big impact on me. I hope that someday my own kids will see that with me. I'm not quite there yet....but I'll keep working on it. After church, we went and had an awesome brunch at the Greenbriar Inn in Boulder with some friends. Then we went home and Noah let me have a 2 hour nap! What a great gift! It was such a nice and relaxing day.

It is still surreal that I'm a Mom. I wouldn't change it for anything though. I love that little boy of mine. David, thanks for giving me the greatest gift! Mom, thanks for being a great example! Noah, thanks for making me your Momma! I love you all!


No comments: