Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lessons & Tips From the Crazy Pregnant Lady

1. Tums can become your best friend. My Dad always said, "Tastes like a mint, works like a miracle." And he is sooooooo right!

2. Don't attempt to measure your waist at 6 months. Even if you're curious....DON'T DO IT! It doesn't help anyone out. It just makes you feel even more bigger and crazier than you already are.

3. You will live in your husbands clothes....even when people tell you that you look like a clown. My personal favorite are David's basketball shorts.

4. You can never have too many snacks in one day. French fries? Sure! Snickers? Why not?! Want some more french fries? Of course you can have those! Ice cream? It's a must!

5. Throwing up really gets easier the more you do it. It's just another part of your regular routine. And if you do this frequently like I do, Zofran becomes your other best friend! And, if you're really lucky, your husband will even go get your Zofran pills for you in the middle of the night when you wake up nauseous.

6. Your belly button really does start to stick out. It's the strangest thing! This is when you realize that you can no longer see your feet.

7. Pregnant brain is a true disorder. I have spent many a moment staring blankly at David wondering what the heck it was that I was gonna say to him!

8. If your 5'2", your ribs and back are gonna kill you! You will hate them starting around 2 months of pregnancy.

9. Considering #8, your doctor will tell you the obvious things, "It only gets worse." I am quite aware of this Dr., you don't have to rub it in my face!

10. When you go in for the anatomy ultrasound, don't start drinking a quart of water 2 hrs. before like the doctor told you to. Chug right before your appointment. Otherwise, you will waddle into the doctor's office holding yourself like a 3 year old little girl. Painful.

11. Maternity clothes. Why do designers insist on making pregnant ladies wear polka dots and horizontal stripes? This doesn't help our situation!

12. On that same note...maternity swimwear. UGHHHHH!! Just wear a moo moo. You'll feel more comfortable and less matronly. Either that or it's just your one chance in life to let it all hang out and not feel bad about it!

13. Time goes by really fast. I think God does this on purpose so you won't have time to really freak out and to light a fire under your butt to get your act together!

14. Take pictures from the beginning. I still haven't done this and I am starting to regret it.

15. Be sure to thank the loved ones that have put up with you all these months. I've been a HUGE complainer and David has just let me complain. Thanks babe! I'm sure he'd like to come up with his own list. He'd probably call it something like,"How to Survive the Crazy Pregnant Lady."

4 comments:

The Johnstons said...

sooo glad to see an update! i think i must have had it pretty easy with my pregnancy because i can't relate to much of what you said. our complications came after the birth...ha...parker keeps us quite busy!! :) i, too, regret not taking weekly (or even monthly) pictures throughout my pregnancy...will definitely do it next go round! i cannot wait to see you next weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
I am so excited to hear that you are pregnant. I loved the list you posted. I just found you blog when I was playing around on the internet. It looks like you are doing well. I can kinda relate to your list. I was pregnant earlier this year, but had a missed miscarriage at 15 weeks. I was sick the whole time with no symptoms of a miscarriage. Hopefully I can join you in your misery again. Next time you come down to see your parents give me a call I would love to get together for lunch or dinner. Miss ya tons!
Lindsay

Unknown said...

I really wish you would take pics--i know you look adorable!!

Unknown said...

I really wish you would take pics--i know you look adorable!!