Friday, November 21, 2008

Week One

So far, we survived our first week with Noah. We've been enjoying every second with him....even when he's sucking the energy right out of us! This parenting stuff is definitely a HUGE adjustment. For me, the biggest adjustment has been lack of sleep. I realize that every new parent goes through this. I just wasn't expecting to be this tired. I keep asking my mom if it's this normal to feel this tired. She thought that I'm probably more tired than normal since I'm recovering from kidney stones, surgey and lack of sleep from the hospital. I now realize that sleep is a luxury! Anyway, here is a recap from our week of firsts.

1. First trip to the doctor.
2. First trip to PF Changs. David and I went to PF Changs to celebrate when we found out we were pregnant. We went there again for our last date night before he was born. And then we went again when Noah turned 1 week old.
3. First trip to Babies 'R Us. Noah is an excellent shopper and didn't make a peep the enitre time!
4. First all nighter trying to calm the boy down. Noah has quite powerful lungs and we're starting to think he has a bit of a temper if he doesn't get what he wants right away.
5. David was the first to get sprayed by Noah while changing his diaper. He then proceeded to get both his Grammy's and then me.
6. First bath. He didn't seem to enjoy this very much because he was cold.
7. First ride in the swing. Thankfully, he LOVES his swing.
8. First trip to Target. Again he was an excellent shopper.

That's the gist of our week. Of course there was a lot of eating and a lot of sleeping mixed in with all that stuff. It turns out that our boy is quite the eater and a master sleeper. He won't wake up for anything! When his is awake, he looks completely different because we're not used to seeing his eyes! We're hoping that will change here pretty soon. Until then, we'll just keep enjoying our sleepy guy.

1 comment:

The Bobo Buzz said...

Jenny! So glad you and Noah are home and doing good..I have to admit, you're scaring me a little bit with the no sleep talk..I am not ready for that at all..gotta ask ya this..I fear the 100% responsibility thing..spending every waking second focused on a human being..always watching and waiting..ahhh, how scary is it??!! ;)