Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Colorado Springs

This past weekend, David took me to Colorado Springs for my birthday (Yes, my birthday was a month ago, but this was my present). It's a BEAUTIFUL city and there is so much to do. We stayed at this aweome Bread and Breakfast called Red Crags. Theodore Roosevelt once stayed there so it has a ton of history. On Friday night, we hit up a local restaurant called the Keg. Afterwards, we decided to do some sightseeing and went to see the Seven Falls. Had I known that we'd have to climb almost 40 flights of stairs (yes, over 400 steps) to get to the top of the falls, I would've traded my heels for tennis shoes. Needless to say, David and I spent the majority of the time trying to catch our breath and noticing how out of shape we are. However, it was a beautiful place and I'm glad we took the trek up those horrific stairs. Saturday was spent at the Cave of the Winds where we decided to take the lantern tour. David spent the majority of the time hunched over (due to the fact that several entrances in the caves are only about 42 inches high) while I just walked my way right through the caves. If you ever make it down that way, we HIGHLY recommend taking the lantern tour. We wanted to go to Pike's Peak, but the road was closed due to snow and ice. So, we'll just have to take another trip someday.

Red Crags Inn



Catching our breath at Seven Falls (not a very good pic of us)
Outside the Caves

Inside Cave of the Winds
David being David






2 comments:

KerriBU98 said...

I can just picture y'all on that tour! So funny! I like the "nostrils flaring" picture. HA!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.