Saturday, November 17, 2007

Wounded Knee

On Friday, David, his Mom and I spent a good part of the day watching a movie called Bury My Heart at Wounded knee. It's about Sitting Bull and the Sioux Indians. It's quite an interesting movie. However, what made it even more interesting, or maybe I should say ironic, is that 2 days earlier, David had surgery on his own wounded knee. Not until about halfway through the movie did we realize the irony of the title of the movie. Though it was funny on Friday, today is another story. Today, the pain of surgery has climaxed beyond belief. Watching David in pain has been one of the most heart wrenching things I have ever seen. I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like. I only know that it must be excrutiating because David has said several times, "just bury me in a hole." The first two days after the surgery David felt very little pain due to a pump that sent miracle drugs straight to his knee. That pump has been removed and now the pain has escalated greatly. So, if you are reading this blog right now, I ask that you will say a prayer that David will feel as little pain possible from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet, that he will get rest (as he is very restless and hasn't been able to sleep at all) and that he will get through this difficult time.

2 comments:

KerriBU98 said...

Prayers sent. I'll call you tomorrow to see what I can do to help. LOVE YOU GUYS!

The Johnstons said...

We are praying for David...and you and the rest of the family! Miss you more than you know!!