Sunday, November 18, 2007

David Update

Well, last night didn't get any better for David. At about midnight, we decided to head to the hospital to get him checked out. It turns out that he has an infection from the surgery. At this point it seems that the infection is on the skin and we won't know if it's actually inside his knee for a while. The doctor will return tomorrow morning to see what needs to happen next. If the infection is in his knee, they will have to do another procedure to flush out the bad bacteria that's causing the infection. We are praying this will not happen because it could potentially damage the cartilage implant that David had on Wednesday. So, that's where we are for now. Thanks for your prayers and support. We truly are blessed by our wonderful family and friends.

Even now as I sit and watch David go through this I am reminded that God is good. From our hospital room, we have a beautiful view of the mountains and right now the sun is setting behind them. I took pictures that I'll post when I get home sometime...it's amazing! It's definitely taken my focus off of the bad things and reminded me that God still knows what he's doing.

No comments: