Monday, November 12, 2007

Deep in the Heart of Texas

This past weekend we took advantage of the flight benefits and headed down to San Antonio. We went to celebrate Katelyn's first birthday. Sara and Anna had never been to San Antonio so we also played tourists for the weekend. On Friday, immediately after we landed we went to Alamo Cafe to have some tasty tortillas with family and friends. Saturday, we toured the Alamo and then had a birthday party for Katelyn. On Sunday we went to church and then took a tour on a riverboat.















Cole and Katelyn are as cute as can be and it was fun to watch them play with Sara and Anna. My parents were also there and it was great to spend some quality time with them and Cody and Dana. I think everyone else had a good time and Anna says she wants to live there. Of course that gives me hope that maybe we could move back, but I'm not going to hold my breath. For the first time since I've known David, not once did he say, "It's so humid!" We were blessed with wonderful weather and I was thankful that the Coleman's didn't have to stick it out in crazy heat.

Though it was a quick trip, I was glad we went. I miss my family so much and it still feels like home in a lot of ways. I hated to leave them and am already trying to plan when I can go back. I sure do miss that place. Go Spurs go!

1 comment:

The Johnstons said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to visit your family...it looks like you had a wonderful trip! Very sad we missed you in Texas but maybe next time! Love you!