Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby Shower & Family

On October 4th, my sisters and Tami threw me a fabulous baby shower. The theme was blue and brown, just like Willis' room. The girls slaved away (including my Grandma and Mom) by cooking the day before. They made all my favorites including my Mom's famous chicken salad....DELICIOUS! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!! It was a great day and I got a lot of great stuff for Willis. Let me just say that he is going to be one stylin' dude!

The best part of this day was that my family, both Coleman's and Drenth's, were there. Dana flew in from Texas and tried to surprise me by bringing all 3 of her kids. However, Cole spoiled the surprise the week before and told me on the phone that he was coming to Chicago. It didn't ruin the surprise....it only made me more anxious for their arrival. Also, my Grandma from Chicago came. It's always good to have Grandma around. She has the best laugh and I think she enjoyed spending time with her grandkids and great grandkids. The Coleman women (minus Joanna and Jen) made an appearance and its always nice to see them. I love that David has so many wonderful sisters. They truly are the nicest people on the planet!!

Anyway, it was a great shower and I couldn't have asked for better friends and family! Saying goodbye to my Mom, Grandma, Dana, Cole, Katelyn and Lauren was very difficult. As Kerri and I dropped them off at the airport, we all were crying of course, Cole hugged me and my belly and said, "Willis smells like a donut." It made for some comic relief and apparently I smell like a donut! (Sidenote: A treat to the first person who can name what movie this comes from..."Laughter through tears, my favorite emotion!") I know I say this all the time, but I can't tell you how much I miss them!!

So, enjoy the following pics...I'm not loving the way I look in these, but there's nothing I can do about it at this point....the little giant is taking over my body!! :)
The lovely hostesses, Tami, Dana, Large Marge and Kerri

The deliciously cute cake

The grub....mmmmmm

The loot

Soon to be big sisters, Anna and SaraThe Grammy's

Great Grandma DrenthCole takin' his sister for a drag....don't worry, she loved it!Grandma Drenth with her new Great Granddaughter, Lauren
Hadley's morning hair

Cousin bath time


Wondering how she got pizza up her nose??? See below.

This Texas Tornado likes to eat her pizza hands free

3 comments:

KerriBU98 said...

Fun! Good picture of you and Grandma. Email me all the pics, k?

The Bobo Buzz said...

I got it! The answer to your trivia question, is none other than my favorite movie on earth..Steel Magnolia's! :) I can quote EVERY word to that movie!! ..now what's my treat?! ;) Jenny, I think you are one HOT momma..and can't wait to see pics of Willis! Good Luck in the coming days..and I pray for nothing but peace, calmness, and Fantastic pain med's for ya!! :)

The Johnstons said...

oh my goodness...what is wrong with that girl! (candy i mean...she is a mess!!) so glad you had a wonderful shower and a sweet little family reunion. let me know how you dr. appt. was!