Monday, June 16, 2008

Late Night Thoughts

This past Saturday, we packed up what little camping supplies we had and joined David's family for the annual Coleman camping trip (more on that in another post). I was only able to stay for 2 days, so here I sit in an empty house while David and the girls remain in the mountains. It's the first time that I have been alone in this house and I don't like it very much. I've never really liked being left home alone. My parents always talk about how I used to turn on every light in the house when they'd go out. I just always felt scared for some reason. Tonight though, I'm not scared, just lonely. David's phone doesn't get reception in the mountains so I haven't gotten to talk to him. We usually check in with each other throughout the day so I'm bummed that I don't know what David's been doing up in the mountains. So since I can't talk to him, I re-read the previous blog he posted on our anniversary (isn't it sweet?). So as I read his post, some thoughts came to mind...

1. Overall, it's been a year of surprises. Some good, some bad, but all in all, they've been things that have only brought David and I closer together.
2. I love that David has supported me through my homesickness and has never made me feel stupid for missing Texas so much.
3. I am thankful that God has brought me a God fearing man who loves the Lord and wants to always do the right thing.
4. I love David more today than I thought I ever could.
5. It's been a crazy, nutty year and I need a vacation! :)
6. I hope Willis or Wilma has David's eyes and his sense of humor. David can always find the funny in every situation and is the eternal optimist. I wish I was as positive a person that he is all the time!
7. Watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 makes me realize that we're not nearly as busy as they are!
8. Time is passing right before my very eyes! I can't believe we've been married for a year already and before I know it, Willis will be here!
9. David's knee would be fine if we hadn't gone to Belize.

And now I'm falling asleep, so I better call it a night. I could write a ton more, but the sleepiness is taking over. So, sweet dreams everyone and goodnight David! I love you!

1 comment:

The Johnstons said...

such sweet thoughts. i love jon and kate plus 8..they crack me up! i hope willis gets david's eyes too..willis doesn't want those glasses! :) ha..love you and miss you soooo much!